The supplier of language training, James Cook Languages s.r.o., with its registered office at Národní 416/37, 110 00 Prague 1, Company ID No.: 26753456 (the "Supplier"), presents below the rules for the compensation of cancelled language lessons, provided that the lesson is cancelled by the Client in a due and timely manner pursuant to the terms of the concluded Agreement, or if it is cancelled according to a verifiable arrangement between the parties if a separate agreement has not been concluded. D∙R∙E∙A∙M applies to the following supported languages under the following rules:
D∙R∙E∙A∙M currently applies to these languages:
- English, German, Czech for foreigners
- D∙R∙E∙A∙M applies throughout the calendar year, unless the parties agree otherwise.
- The Supplier and the Client cancel lessons in the same application as before. In the event of timely and proper cancellation of the lesson by one party, the Client is entitled to compensation for the cancelled lesson. Compensation primarily means a substitute lesson with the teacher or a substitute teacher (a substitute lesson with another teacher of the Supplier) or compensation in the D∙R∙E∙A∙M system. The substitute lesson can be a thematic or skill lesson, a telephone conversation in a foreign language, etc. (regardless of the length of the chosen substitute, the Supplier always invoices the original price of the cancelled lesson). The Supplier undertakes to offer at least three options for substitute performance in the D∙R∙E∙A∙M system. The D∙R∙E∙A∙M offer is variable and the current offer of substitute lessons is always available at www.jcl.cz.
- In the case of a group lesson, each course participant can choose their substitute lesson. If a course participant is offered an alternative lesson, the participant is obliged to respond to the offer of a substitute lesson within 48 hours of its publication in the application (the application sends the participant a notification of the publication of the alternative date). The lesson will take place on the alternative date offered that receives the most votes from the course participants or at least one vote, unless the parties agree otherwise; in the case of an individual lesson, the lesson will take place on the alternative date chosen by the course participant. If the participant does not express their opinion within this period, this shall be considered a refusal of the substitute lesson.
- In the event that the course participants and the teacher agree to a substitute lesson that is ultimately cancelled by the course participants, the lesson is considered to have been held on the day the substitute lesson was scheduled to take place and no further refunds will be provided.
- If the following situations occur after a D∙R∙E∙A∙M-supported language lesson is cancelled:
a. the course participants do not respond in time to the proposal for substitute lesson dates;
b. the course participants reject the substitute lesson dates that are offered;
c. the course participants refuse a substitute lesson that is offered;
d. the Supplier's teacher does not offer an alternative date;
the application subsequently displays the option for compensation for the cancelled lesson in the D∙R∙E∙A∙M system. The same compensation can be offered for multiple cancelled lessons at the same time and for multiple Clients.
- Compensation must be selected and also completed within 30 days of the date on which the cancelled lesson was originally to have taken place. In the event that the participant does not use the substitute that is offered, neither the course participant nor the Client is entitled to any further compensation for the cancelled lesson and the Supplier is entitled to invoice the lesson (at the length and for the price of the original cancelled lesson). If at least one course participant chooses compensation from the catalogue, the lesson is considered to have taken place on the day the first participant is compensated (again, the Supplier invoices at the length and for the price of the original cancelled lesson).
- In the event that the Agreement or course is terminated by one of the parties, the Supplier undertakes to allow the course participants to attend a substitute D∙R∙E∙A∙M lesson in lieu of a lesson cancelled during the last month of the notice period of the course or Agreement, even within a maximum period of 30 days after the expiry of the notice period of the Agreement, i.e. after the end of the Agreement.